Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Escape Blog

I was in the process of trying to obtain some reliable information from my Medicare provider regarding dental services, but they were giving me a headache, just like if you had to call ANY government office so my blog is my copout.

I have a huge zit on my chin and I'm 60 years old! I know that as we age we begin to get aches and pains from out of nowhere. Why is it that the only thing we start to lose besides our minds includes hormones, skin tone, etc., but somehow I'm still getting zits! Doesn't seem right...

We went to DMV yesterday to pay for the annual vehicle registration and change my name on my driver's license. This is usually a breeze in our town because it's small and things generally move quickly. I pulled out my Visa debit card to pay the car registration and the woman told me they can't accept Visa; she asked whether I had Amex or another card, which I don't. We had to go to the drive-through ATM at our bank to get cash and come back to pay her. I inquired about changing my name, and got a litany of items I'll need to accomplish that -- birth certificate, wedding certificate, passport (don't have one), a bill with my name and address on it, blah, blah, blah. I was waiting for her to ask for my first-born offspring, but we just left with a plan in hand to dig through my files to find what I need. It's the first time we've dealt with goofy bureaucracy in our town.

Yesterday we got a box in the mail with stone coasters with our photo on them; they came from Steve's nephew, Louie, and his wife. Neat gift.

1 comment:

Mason Hall said...

The DMV sucks.
You guys Rule, though. We miss you guys.